Summer is here, which means BBQ’s galore! Most people look forward to burgers, hot dogs, sausages, etc., but not me. I look most forward to yummy salads and sides, since they often utilize ingredients that aren’t necessarily available all throughout the year – or just taste better in the summer. So, I introduce to you my easy-peasy Greek Pasta Salad.
One of the reasons I love this salad and find it so simple to make is because I usually have most of the ingredients on-hand anyway, so I don’t have to make an extra trip to the grocery store. But even if I do, it’s still so easy to make. One of the other reasons I love this recipe is because it tastes great the day after your BBQ … and the day after that … and that day after that … and the day after that. Well, if you have leftovers, that is 🙂
- 4 cups of rotini pasta, uncooked
- ½ – ¾ bottle of Kraft Greek Feta salad dressing (depending on how saucy you like it)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 whole pepper, chopped (I used yellow for a different colour)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup of hard feta cheese, chopped or crumbled
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta until it’s semi-soft (just past al dente) in salted water
- Chop veggies & feta while pasta is cooking
- Mix above ingredients with Greek dressing, until well coated
- Once pasta has cooled, add it cup by cup to the veggie/feta mixture and add more Greek dressing
- Refrigerate until well chilled and ingredients have had time to blend
This pasta salad was a huge hit with our guests! We also enjoyed it for a few days afterwards – yay to yummy leftovers!