Do you have a dish that instantly evokes emotion? That’s potato salad for me. But not any kind of potato salad, this Homestyle Potato Salad.
That’s because my Mom has been making it for family BBQ’s since before my time. So, just one spoonful makes me feel like I’m a kid running through the sprinkler again. However, I can never stop at one spoonful!
I have brought this dish to a number of non-family gatherings and it’s always a hit. And the fact that it’s incredibly easy to make is an added bonus!
Here’s what you’ll need …
Roughly chop your boiled potatoes and add them to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add in your chopped eggs, chopped onion, mayonnaise, garlic salt, regular salt and pepper. Mix everything together …
Once everything is mixed together, the potatoes will be a little more “mashed” than “chopped”, as you can see here …
Serve and enjoy …
- 5lbs of potatoes
- 7 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.5 cups mayonaisse
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika (for decoration)
- Boil potatoes until they can easily be poked with a fork
- Boil and peel eggs
- Chop onions
- Roughly chop potatoes and eggs
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until well-blended
- Top potato salad off with paprika
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to be served
I hope this recipe brings as much joy to your family gatherings as it has to mine.