I love Mexican food. A lot. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, fajitas, chimichangas, quesadillas … you name it, I love it! Heck, I even got MARRIED in Mexico! But I think more than any of these delectable dishes, my favourite Mexican delight is guacamole.
It’s light, it’s tasty and it makes any dish THAT much better! Believe me, I have tried it with almost everything. Ask my friends … I’m obsessed.
I love guacamole so much that we incorporated it into our wedding. Instead of the usual fare people serve at midnight buffets, we did tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole. THE BEST GUACAMOLE I’VE EVER TASTED, I might add. OMG, it was just the best. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Since we’ve been home from our wonderful wedding week in the Mayan Riviera, I have been working on recreating that amazing guacamole and I think I have found a close second.
Combine all of your ingredients in a resealable bag …
- 5 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp of salsa
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced (to taste)
- Place the scooped avocado pulp, lime juice and salt in a resealable. Mush everything together to mix.
- Add in onion, salsa, chili flakes and garlic. Mush some more to combine ingredients.
- Mix in chopped tomato, reserving some to sprinkle on top of the guac for serving.
- Cut a hole into the corner of the resealable and squeeze mixture into a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Before serving, sprinkle remaining tomatoes on top of the guacamole
- TIP: Placing an avocado pit in the guacamole mixture will help it to stay green. If it does brown, add in a bit more lime juice before serving and mix.
Mmmmm, just looking at the pics again is making me salivate. I think I’m going to go home tonight and whip up another batch as a belated Taco Tuesday treat.
I hope you enjoy this little taste of Mexico as much as I do!