I have my friend Lence to thank for this recipe. She served this as a side dish at a BBQ she hosted a few years back. I took one bite and immediately commented on how good it was and she immediately responded back with how easy it was to make. She wasn’t kidding. Not only was it super easy to make, it tasted just like hers – which I consider to be a huge accomplishment because Lence is a great cook and has a European background.
Here’s what you’ll need …
Start by adding your rice to your oven-safe dish …
Next up, add some pepper and a little more than a pinch of salt …
- 2 cups uncooked rice (I used Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice, but this recipe is great with basmati as well)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen veggies (I normally use corn, peas, carrots and green beans)
- 2 Tbsp Vegeta (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine rice and spices in an oven-safe container and stir until well-blended.
- Add olive oil and stir some more.
- Add water and continue stirring until ingredients are wet and well covered.
- Add frozen veggies and stir until moistened.
- Place dish in the oven and bake uncovered for one hour, checking halfway through to see if the rice needs to be stirred.
- Remove from oven when rice is cooked and to your liking.
Serve Easy Greek Rice alongside your favourite meat dish (it’s great with chicken!) and with some tzatziki for a truly Mediterranean taste.