If you’re looking for a yummy and easy veggie side dish, Green Beans with Lemon Parmesan Panko should be on your menu!
Green beans are a vegetable that I rarely buy fresh for some reason, but when I saw them on sale at the grocery store, I couldn’t resist. Since I don’t buy or make them very often, off to Pinterest I went to find a new and different recipe … and I was delighted to find this one from ohmyveggies.com. Not only was it easy to make, but I had all of the ingredients in my kitchen – SCORE!
Here’s what you’ll need …
Coat the green beans with olive oil …
Add your salt and pepper and toss …
Transfer the beans to the baking sheet …
While the green beans are roasting, it’s time to get started on the panko topping …
Add your garlic to the skillet and saute for approx. 30 seconds, until fragrant.
Then add the panko to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown …
Transfer the panko to a small bowl and let it cool, then toss it with the parmesan cheese and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper to taste …
Transfer the green beans to a serving platter and drizzle them with fresh lemon juice …
Top the beans with the panko mixture and serve immediately …
Bon appétit …
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons light olive oil (or any other high smoke point cooking oil), divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Put a rimmed baking sheet in the oven while it preheats.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with a tablespoon of oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Once the oven has finished heating up, remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully transfer the beans onto it.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until the beans are tender, but still crisp.
- While the beans are cooking, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in the panko and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until it’s toasted and golden brown in color.
- Transfer to a small bowl and let it cool slightly, then toss the panko with the parmesan cheese and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the green beans to a serving platter and drizzle them with fresh lemon juice.
- Top the beans with the panko mixture and serve immediately.
This recipe truly tasted like something you would get at a fancy restaurant and looked like it too! It would be the perfect dish to serve to dinner guests. They would probably think you catered it in 🙂