I found this recipe on Pinterest and although I wouldn’t consider it “The World’s Best Chicken” like the title says, it is pretty awesome! The chicken was really juicy and had the right amount of flavour. Since the recipe makes 4 servings and it’s just my husband and I, we had leftovers … and I am happy to report that the dish was just as good the second time around.
I served this Maple Mustard Chicken with Skinny Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and they really complemented the sweet and savouriness of this recipe.
Here’s what you will need …
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Dijon mustard (I used the grainy kind)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh rosemary (I omitted this ingredient)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, syrup, and vinegar.
- Place chicken breasts into 9×13 rimmed baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mustard mixture over chicken. Make sure each breast is coated. Put some more pepper on, if you please (I didn’t).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Season with fresh rosemary (I skipped this step).
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my husband and I did!