Family, Friends and Food … of course!
I got to combine 2 of the 3 at a Cookie Exchange Party I attended a couple of weeks ago. Have you ever been to a Cookie Exchange Party before? I hadn’t … and it may be my new favourite holiday gathering. I mean, who doesn’t love the idea of getting together with friends, drinking egg nog and eating cookies? Sounds like the perfect night to me!
Well, there is more work to it than that, but it’s totally worth it! Essentially you bake a bunch of cookies and share them with other partygoers, for them to share at their future gatherings and events. I made 6 batches of these Peanut Butter Kisses for my fellow cookie exchangers to take home … and walked away with 6 batches of other delicious homemade delights … that I didn’t have to bake. It was awesome!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delectably delicious Peanut Butter Kisses …
Cream together butter & peanut butter …
Add in the white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda …
Once everything is well combined, beat in egg, milk and vanilla …
Mix in flour …
Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in white sugar …
Place them on a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart …
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly browned …
Remove from oven and immediately press a HERSHEY’S KISS into the centre of each cookie …
Let them cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer them onto a wire rack …
Eat one just to make sure they are fit to serve 😉
Om nom nom …
Serve and enjoy …
Pictured above you will see some of the cookies I received from our 1st Annual Cookie Exchange, including Red Velvet Cookies and Soft & Chewy Gingersnaps. On the exterior of the plate are some cake balls I whipped up from some leftover cake I had from a cake order I did. I’ll post the recipe for those soon.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 TBLS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (for rolling)
- HERSHEY’S KISSES (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream together butter and peanut butter.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar until well coated.
- Place rolled cookie dough on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart (I didn’t have parchment paper, so I put the rolled cookie dough straight on my cookie sheet).
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediatey press a HERSHEY’S KISS into the centre of each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer them onto a wire rack
- TIP: Transfer the cookies carefully, since chocolate will be slightly melted and could collapse.
These Peanut Butter Kisses are guaranteed to be a big hit at your next gathering. They were gone so quickly that I ended up having to make multiple batches over the holidays. But thankfully they take no time at all and were a breeze to whip up.
To mix it up a little, I used different HERSHEY’S KISSES flavours each time I made these, including Caramel, Candy Cane and HERSHEY’S HUGS. My all-time favourite, however, were the Peanut Butter Kisses made with HERSHEY’S KISSES Milk Chocolate.
I’d love to know what your favourite flavour is. Please let me know in the comments below.