Mmmm, Bonefish Grill. Have you ever been before? And if so, have you ever tried their Bang Bang Shrimp? They are lifechangingly good. Only problem? I live in Canada and we don’t have Bonefish Grill here. So when I had a craving for their famous shrimp, I had to get creative. And I’m SO happy to report that I no longer have to travel to the U.S.A. to get my fix, because I found the perfect copycat recipe!
Let me introduce you to Skinnytaste.com, a site where you can find some pretty incredible recipes that are skinny’d up for guilt-free indulging. Honestly, set aside some time and explore this site. You will be inspired – and starving – by the end of it 🙂
Who knew that something so small could bring so much pleasure?! These Bangin’ Good Shrimp taste simply sinful, but are only 5 Weight Watcher Points+ per serving!!
Here’s what you will need to make your new favourite recipe …
Combine mayonnaise, Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and Sriracha in a medium bowl …
Once well combined, set aside …
Coat shrimp with cornstarch, mixing well with your hands (as you can see, I took the tails off my shrimp for easier eating) …
Fry the shrimp in some oil and toss a few times until browned (if using uncooked shrimp, fry for approx. 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through) …
Remove shrimp from the pan and combine with the sauce, making sure to coat it well …
Serve with noodles or rice as a meal, or on top of some lettuce leaves for a fancy looking appetizer …
** 5 Weight Watcher Points+ per serving
- 5 TBSP light mayonnaise
- 3 TBSP Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha (to taste)
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 TBSP scallions, chopped (optional)
- Combine mayonnaise, Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and Sriracha in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch, mixing well with your hands.
- Heat a large skillet or wok on high heat and add oil. When oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook tossing a few times until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and combine with the sauce, coating well.
- Top with scallions.
I am not exaggerating when I say that this might be THE BEST shrimp I have ever tried. Actually, scratch that. It IS the best shrimp I have ever tried. And I’m looking forward to making it again and again and again.